WHAT I'M READING FEB 23RD

Monday, February 23, 2015


After finishing my last book 'Lone Wolf' by Jodi Picoult (you can check out my blog post here!) I decided to have a rummage through my bookshelf and search for another book to read. 'The Luminaries' by Eleanor Catton caught my eye immediately. The book cover is just stunning but I have to say that I started reading it over the summer holidays but never managed to finish it. So this time I will!

The story revolves around Walter Moody who arrives in Hokitika in New Zealand in 1866 and meets twelve men at the motel he is staying. All of these men are connected by strange events that happened on the same night and they turn to Walter to find a pattern in these events. The novel is about greed and revenge and really takes you on a journey through the goldfields of New Zealand.

Here's the summary on the back:

It is 1866, and Walter Moody has come to make his fortune upon the New Zealand goldfields.On the night of his arrival, he stumbles across a tense gathering of twelve local men, who have met in secret to discuss a series of unsolved crimes. A wealthy man has vanished, a whore has tried to end her life and an enormous fortune has been discovered in the home of a luckless drunk. Moody is soon drawn into the mystery: a netwrok of fates and fortunes that is as complex and exquisitely patterned as the night sky. 

So wish me luck in finishing this 900 page book and let me know what you think about it if you have read it!
Until next time,




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loving these posts Soph! :) hahah this book could be for your next reading response maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Kate! I could definitely use it! :)

    ReplyDelete