WHAT I'M READING, FEB 8TH

Monday, February 09, 2015

I set myself a bit of a goal this year to read more books. Normally I read between 20-30 books a year however last year I barely managed 5-10. So as a way to read more I've decided to start a trend to share what books I'm currently reading and what I think of them so far, this way I can't slack off...

I'm currently reading Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. I found this book for a bargain at a Take Note store and i was really excited because normally they're between $30-$40 (I got it for $7.99!!!) It has a beautiful hardcover and a cover design which i think is a great improvement from Jodi's older covers.

It's a fairly new book since it came out in 2012 but I hadn't really heard of it too much until last year. Basically, if i were to describe the book quickly, it's about a father who spent his life working with wolves and is left in a coma after a car crash. His son and daughter have the decision as to whether his life support is turned off, except one of them wants him to live and the other one believes he should die (both have reasonable explanations). It sounds pretty intense, kind of like all of Jodi Picoults books...

Here's the official synopsis:

When Luke Baxter is involved in a car accident which leaves him in a coma, his family are gathered together against the odds; they face an impossible decision. 

His daughter Cara is praying for a miracle: she will fight everyone and everything to save her father's life.

His son Edward can't imagine that a man who one ran with wolves would ever be happy with a different life. 

But Edward hasn't spoken to Luke for six years. How can he dare to speak on his father's behalf? 


I'm looking forward to reading Lone Wolf and please let me know what you think if you have read it before (no spoilers!!) If you want to let me know what else you're reading, take a picture, upload it and use the #whatimreading!

Until next time,



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! I have nominated you for the Leibster and Verstaile Award... click the link to check it out: http://www.whynotblogitdown.com/2015/02/TheAwardGoesToo.html :)
    (p.s. Your social buttons don't seem to be working. I tried emailing you but the button didn't work. None of them did :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie! Thanks so much for letting me know! I will get that fixed ASAP x p.s my email is sophie.vreeburg.blogspot@gmail.com

      Delete