QUICK BLUEBERRY BRAIN-BOOSTER

Sunday, March 15, 2015

I've been super busy lately and sometimes when it's only early afternoon, you need something satisfying to get you through to the evening. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and even when you freeze them no damage is done to these awesome antioxidants. Just a handful of blueberries a day for a few weeks has proven to improve memory immensely!

My mum always makes these smoothies for me and my brothers when we have exams or other things that require some extra focus and recently I have started making them more and more when I just need an afternoon pick-me-up! These smoothies are super delicious, quick and good for you :)

What you'll need
1 cup of blueberries (frozen is best)
1 banana
3 tablespoons yoghurt of your preference (I like Greek because it's a bit thicker)
1 tablespoon honey/juice of half an orange (choose which one you prefer)

(The following things are optional but a great way of boosting your smoothie if you want to have it for breakfast)

1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon all-brans

Simply mix all the ingredients together and pour into a glass of your choice- mason jars do tend to make for a good 'hipster' instagram photo ;)

Remember that there are no rules when it comes to smoothies! You can add in and leave out what you like! Let me know if you make this quick smoothie and feel free to follow me on instagram @sophieandsofie

Until next time,







You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. looks absolutely amazingly good! might have to give it a try

    calicogeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just checked out your blog and it's awesome! xx :)

      Delete
  2. I take it for my night job, helps me stay awake throughout my shift. Much better than walking around with bottles of 4hr energy. Recommend this product to anyone who needs an extra boost for their day.

    My website at http://www.addiumsupplement.info/

    ReplyDelete