CONCERT REVIEW | DEMI LOVATO

Friday, May 01, 2015

The saying ''less is more'' is a perfect description of Demi Lovato's first ever performance in New Zealand. Demi and her world tour crew touched down in Auckland on the April 26th and my friends Sally, Abby and I were fortunate enough to have tickets to her concert. Not only were we in the front row of the mosh pitt, it was also a pretty heart-racing experience, standing squished between two strangers (who by the end I got to know veery well) with a few thousand pushing people me from behind. But it was all worth it...

Demi's concert was a mix of old and new and certainly very minimalist. She wore one outfit for the entire show (which meant no long and awkward pauses where the crowd has to be entertained by dancers while she was getting changed) and was accompanied by a guitarist, a drummer, a pianist, a bass player and two backup singers. No dancers, no fancy sets, just Demi and her amazing voice. She sung all the favourites including Let It Go, Nightingale and Really Don't Care etc. but also songs from earlier albums such as Get Back and Don't Forget. This got the crowd super excited but not nearly as much as when she threw her water into the crowd after telling everyone to move ''like five steps back'' because she didn't want people to suffocate. 


She went on to further chat about Bruce Jenner and her admiration for his interview with Diane Sawyer, even dedicating one song to him. She said ''i never thought i would dedicate a song to Bruce Jenner'' and ''I didn't even know who he was before Keeping Up with the Kardashians and lets be honest, neither did you....'' Her final song included her wearing a korowai, a traditional Maori piece of clothing, which had been gifted to her before the performance. This was super special gesture and the crowd lapped it up. She showed that she really loved being in New Zealand. However almost as soon as the concert had started, it was over again. Standing so close to her and being mesmerised by her every move made the concert fly by. What seemed like 20 minutes was actually 1 1/2 hours!! 



























My friends and I had an awesome night and we really hope that she returns to New Zealand soon! I hope you enjoyed reading my concert review and let me know in the comments what you think about it! Also don't forget to follow me on instagram for more awesome Demi photos!


Until next time,






Photo Credit: Sally Towes.
Thanks for being the photographer while I was stuck with my hands between two people haha.










You Might Also Like

0 comments