WHAT I'M READING APRIL 2nd

Friday, April 03, 2015

I finally finished The Luminaries!! (Read my post HERE) After spending nearly 3 weeks on it, I pushed through and just spent one evening finishing it. It's not that I didn't like it (not at all, it was actually reeaaally good) but I just didn't take the time to read it and I decided not to slip back into my old habits.

Anyway, this week I chose a book that's a little bit more of a light read. I got it for Christmas last year but I haven't picked it off my bookshelf before which I find strange because this book has a really nice cover and I tend to be attracted to pretty looking books. The book I chose is Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne. He has written many other awesome books like The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas and The Terrible Thing That Happened To Barnaby Brocket. 

Basically the story is about a boy called Noah Barleywater, who runs away (duh!) He thinks that all the problems that he has will just go away if he runs away from home. Once on the road, he comes across a toyshop where he meets a very peculiar toymaker who has a very interesting story to tell.

Here's the blurb:
Eight year-old Noah's problems seem easier to deal with if he DOESN'T think about them. So he runs away, taking an untrodden path through the forest. 
Before long he comes across a shop. But this is no ordinary shop. It is a toy shop full of the most AMAZING toys and brimming with he most wonderful magic. And here Noah meets a very unusual toymaker.
The toymaker has a story to tell and its a story of adventure and wonder and broken promises. He takes Noah on a journey. A journey that will change his life. And it could change yours too.

Hopefully you enjoyed this blog post and I will keep you updated on how I'm going with the book. Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know what you are reading...

Until next time,






You Might Also Like

0 comments