A PEEK INTO MY DIARY | ORGANISATION

Monday, October 03, 2016


I absolutely cannot live without my diary. Not only because I would be late to everything or I would forget what I have on but because it just allows me to organise my life in the nicest way possible. And the best thing is it's super easy! I'm going to admit that I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to my planning. So here's how I organise my diary and I hope you can get something out of it....

Step 1: Buy a diary!
The first step to becoming a more organised version of yourself, is of course finding the diary to suit you and your personality. I got my diary from Typo and it is an A5 hardcover which I find is the perfect size for me (because who wants to be carrying round an encyclopedia) and it has just enough room to write everything. Also, excuse the marks on the front because as you can see this diary has received a whole lotta love over the past 9 months. Other places that I think have awesome dairies include Kikki K and Iko Iko.


Step 2: Timetables!
Print off any timetables that you use on a regular basis for example your study timetable, exam timetable or your school timetable etc. This means that things that happen on a regular basis are in the front of your diary and you can always refer to them.


Step 3: Divide your days!
I basically divide my days into what I have on that day and what I have to do. So any meetings, sports practices, homework or assignments due go into the left column and any homework I have, things I have to remember or do, go into the right column. This way, you don't get confused by what you actually have on versus your 'to-do' things.

Step 4: Highlighting!
If you're anything like me, then you're sure to own about 40 highlighters and carry them round everywhere. Highlighters are what keep my diary organised and how each thing I have to do stands out. At the of my the front of my diary, I made a little key at the start of the year to categorise everything that I do. All my subjects have a designated highlighter colour as well as things like sports practices and meetings. This makes looking and referring to your diary just that little bit more organised and exciting!


Step 5: Trial and error!
I've given you some of my tips, however it's all about seeing what works for you and then changing it accordingly. So if you're always forgetting one subject, make sure you put it at the top of your list or make it stand out more. These little things make a real difference.

Okay now it might seem a lil' lame to see someone get so excited about a diary but trust me that once you get started you'll wonder why you didn't earlier.

I hope you got something out of this and let me know in the comments if YOU have any tips on how to organise your diary!

Until next time,


* This is not a sponsored post 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Don't be afraid to leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That time schedule is something I need to do!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I'll use some of your tips! :)

    www.lauralouiseellis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having bright colours in my diary!
    Currently I'm simply using Google calendar on my phone. But I have a notebook with blank pages, where I write everything that is important to do on each day. ;)

    Laura | https://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes google calendar is helpful too! :) x

      Delete
  5. Cute! I'm obsessed with my bullet journal.

    xx
    www.milkwhitemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I love that you can be as creative as you want with them :) x

      Delete
  6. perfect!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organized, I love it!


    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really love your blog too <3

      Sophie x

      Delete