EVERYDAY SKINCARE ROUTINE | SPRING 2016

Saturday, October 15, 2016


The past couple of days have been very up and down here in Auckland. One minute it's raining, and the next it feels like we are in the middle of summer. Kinda frustrating, since you wake up in the morning thinking it's going to be boiling hot, only to get to where you're meant to be for it to start POURING down. (As you can see I wisely chose my moment to take product photos ;) ) I like to compare this weather to my skin. While this might seem like a weird comparison, my skin seems to flare up one minute and the next it's super great. So since my skin is ever-changing I thought I should share some of my fave products that I like to use in my everyday skin routine that help me on those 'rainy' skin days. Most of these products are pretty affordable since I think the trick to good skin is not necessarily to use expensive products but to simply have a routine that is consistent and works for you. Although I tend do to vary my products slightly with a change of season, these ones are pretty much my staples all year round! (FYI, the products are listed in order of when I use them)


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 
Yes, I have to admit that I have also jumped on the 'micellar water' band-wagon and am now a loyal user of this product. But honestly it's just because this product is the BOMB. It's so good at removing makeup and I truly think that this product should be a staple in anyone's skincare routine. It doesn't leave your skin feeling sore and irritated like most makeup removers do since it feels like you're just using water to clean your face. It really does what all those fancy french brands do for my skin but at a much more reasonable price - only $13.99 for the 400ml bottle. (The bottles also come in a cute travel size edition perfect for your carry-on luggage!)


Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk 
This product has been in my skincare routine for yeeeaaars now (If you didn't read my review on all the Dr. Hauschka products I did a couple of months ago, you can view it here) I love it because it is made of all natural products which are gentle on your skin. You could use it to remove make-up but I find that it doesn't always remove my eye makeup very well so I tend to use this after I have used the micellar water to really cleanse my skin. This product is a bit pricey at $54.00 but one bottle tends to last me about a year since you only need a small coin sized drop on the palm of your hand for your whole face. Thus, I reckon this product is definitely worth the investment!


Dr. Hauschka Intensive Conditioner
This is a another one of my favourite skincare products from this brand. Basically its a clarifying toner that I spray onto my face (a bit like a makeup setting spray) which helps to get rid of blemishes and give your skin a really beautiful glow. It feels so nice on your skin and you simply let it soak into your pores and wake-up the next morning with clear skin. Once again this product is quite expensive at $110.00 but this one has lasts me approximately a year because you only need a couple of sprays. I like to use this product at night-time only after I've used the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk so your skin can work its magic overnight.


Home Essentials Moisturising Aqueous Cream 
Okay this has to be my FAVOURITE product out of all of the ones in my skincare routine because it works wonders for my face and if you're like me and you get flaky skin during a change in season then this product is a life-saver. This is honestly the ultimate moisturiser because it is water based (no oil) which means that it's not greasy and doesn't make your face look all shiny. Best thing is that it is only $10 at your local pharmacy which means I can use plenty of it without feeling bad ;)


Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser 
I wouldn't say I have been a loyal user of this product since this is a product that I use on a less regular basis but is still an essential part of my skincare routine. I use this scrub about 3 times a week in the shower to get rid of any dry skin and to really clean out my pores of any dirt (TMI amiright?) Once again this product is affordable and can be found at your local pharmacy for only $15.99. It's also perfect for removing makeup quickly if you are running late, so some mornings I just scrub my face in the shower while I'm waiting for my shampoo to soak my hair.

So these are all of the products that I use pretty much everyday ranging from super cheap to a bit more high end.  Just remember that the key to good skin is not only in the products you use but also in taking care of your body by drinking lots of water and eating well - although a good skincare routine definitely helps ;)

Let me know in the comments what YOUR favourite skincare products are because I'm always interested in trying out new products and changing it up! Also don't forget to follow me on instagram @soph_vree

Until next time,






*This is not a sponsored post.
All products were purchased by me and all opinions are my own.  









You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I love all these products! You have a great routine :-)
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks
    i'm using the Garnier refreshing vitaminised toner for normal and combination skin and I'm just lovin' it
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I haven't tried that one! Thanks for the tip x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely collection of products. Would love to try out that micellar water!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae! The micellar water is awesome.

      Sophie x

      Delete
  4. I have just started using micellar water and love it too!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great products, will have to try them out.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love reading about somebody's skin care routine. I feel like it is important to see what other people use and find something new to yourself. Everyone is raving about the Garnier micellar water. i am gutted I am allergic to it :(
    Please, read about my skin care routine too:
    How to relax after a stressful day at work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that sucks! I'll definitely have a read of your routine!

      Sophie x

      Delete
  7. I use that cleanser as well! It works really well :) x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I love it! Thanks for your comment :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  8. I use the Garnier micellar water every night for almost a year and I haven't looked back. Great picks, :)

    Nikki | www.nikkibstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really happy with this routine :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  9. I couldn't live without my micellar water. Great post! :) xo

    Edition EmmaGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it too :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing about Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water that i also always used Natural skin care and i wants to know that can i get this in UK?

    ReplyDelete