WHAT IM LISTENING TO | OCTOBER 2016

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Thanks to my new headphones from Frends, I've been listening to music waaaay more this month and since exams are coming up, I often find myself putting on my headphones for a couple of hours and quietly working away. Below I've named some of my top picks that I'm listening to, some of which are slaying in the top charts atm but also some artists that I think deserve a shoutout.

Bouquet by The Chainsmokers
This EP is absolute fiiireeee and I have had it on repeat for the past couple of weeks now. Since their hit-song 'Closer' came out, I felt it was necessary to see what else they had but out there and I think this EP is definitely worth a mention. The songs are fairly light-hearted but with a nice bass nonetheless. My favourite song is 'Roses'.


In the Name of Love by Bebe Rexha and Martin Garrix
This song has been out for a little while but I just don't seem to get tired of it. It's perfect for a workout session or if you need some motivational study music, although I do find myself getting a lil' distracted singing along ;) The music video is pretty good too and I kind of ship Martin and Bebe as a couple...


Niemand by Teske
I'm pretty sure most people will have no idea who this is but Teske is a dutch YouTuber who is a ridiculously talented singer. In particular, her acoustic version of 'Niemand' by the dutch rapper Ronnie Flex is sooo cool. Although you may not be able to understand the dutch lyrics, this song is definitely worth a listen.


Jolene by Pentatonix ft Dolly Parton
So recently I went and saw Pentatonix live for their world tour. If you don't know who Pentatonix are then please google them because they're an AMAZING a-cappella group. A couple of days after I went to their concert, they released a cover of Jolene by Dolly Parton WITH Dolly Parton on their YouTube channel and the cover is really really good. The fact that the original singer still sings the lead vocals with all the harmonies accompanying her makes for a really beautiful yet funky cover.

Let me know what you've been listening to this month and if you have listened to some of my favourites! Don't be afraid to leave me a comment and follow me on instagram @soph_vree <3

Until next time,




You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Those headphones from Frends are so pretty! I love the goldy color. x

    www.miraaksoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind with music lately. They all sound great! Going to check them out!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your blog looks great xx

      Delete
  3. Great post dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tracks! Love those headphones!

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miki! They're awesome right? x

      Delete
  5. Sounds great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete