HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR STUDY NOTES | ORGANISATION

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

I'm pretty certain that most people will have started studying for exams at this point, but if you haven't and you're feeling a little bit lost then I've got you sorted! Not to be the bearer of bad news but with exams just around the corner, it's time to get organised and I find the best way to do this is to keep a study book with all your notes in one place. This means that when you're writing essays or doing practice questions, you don't have to look through piles of paper just to find what you're looking for. So in between my own study sessions I made a quick little post on how I organise my study book...

STEP 1: Buy a notebook with lined pages
This is the first step to the ultimate organisation of your study book! I know that some people like to buy multiple little notebooks which can work as well, however I like to have all of my notes in one place so that they're easy to access. The key to these books is that they have dividers so that it's easy to split up each of your subjects. This one is from  Typo and it was $11.99 but I know that most stationary stores will sell them too.



STEP 2: Divide your book into your subjects
This step is also essential because it's what helps you to stay organised. I like to make a title page for each subject at the start of the year but it's up to you! Go as crazy and personalise as much as you want.

STEP 3: Make sure you know when your exams are
On the first page of my book I always like to put my exam timetable so that I've got my exam times sorted and I know when every exam is. The absolute worst thing would be studying for all your exams only to turn up at the wrong time.....

STEP 4: Make a study timetable
Now that you know when your exams are make a study timetable! This means planning around your exams and during your study time for each single subject. I like to make a list of each of the things I have to study for each subject and then allocate study time accordingly. For example, Chemistry might require a little bit more study than English so give yourself more time for that. Be sure to make your timetable realistic by factoring in breaks etc. because the worst thing is coming to the end of the day and feeling like you haven't achieved anything just because your timetable was waaaaaay to ambitious.


STEP 5: Organise your notes
Now comes the best part. In order to organise your notes, split your subjects into their sub-topics and add all the content to each topic. Use your workbooks from class, print out extra notes from online and check you have all the required material with your class-mates. Then order the notes in a logical order and add sub-headings and extra tips and tricks along the way. By the end of it you should have the ultimate book crammed full of your notes. Now you can rest easy and study knowing that you have everything in one place!

I hope you found this helpful because I know I always used to struggle with where I should even start with my study. This organisation just makes everything a lot easier and makes it a lot nicer to study as well. My ultimate trick is to keep this book of notes as the year goes along so that when you get to exams all you have to do is practice and memorise the notes. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to leave me a comment :)

Until next time,


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I no longer have exam (yayyy!), but I totally agree with the study timetable! It helps a lot and makes everything clearer. ;)

    Laura | http://www.furiouslychic.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you're so lucky! And yea the timetable is great :)

      Sophie x
      www.sophieandsofie.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I recently finished school, but I can totally relate to all these things that make organizing easier :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great!


    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your blog looks great :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  5. I've no doubt this post will prove super helpful for anyone mid-study right now! Organisation really is key, and great tip to always opt for lined paper :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yep being organised is a life-saver :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips. I need to show this post to my sister who is currently revising for her exams.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Good luck to your sister :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  8. Thank goodness that I'm now finished my studies but this would have been so helpful for me when I was studying.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so lucky! Thanks for reading :)

      Sophie x

      Delete
  9. Thx for tips :-D
    xxPamolina

    www.pamolina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Have a great day :)

      Sophie x

      Delete